October 11, 2008

$1.50 = good times


For some it's a shoe sale, for others a clearance markdown on leather purses. For me, it's the Annual Friends of the Library Used Book Sale (well, it's the other two as well, but for today, it's the book sale), where a $1.50 buys you a little bit of bliss.

It was my particular good fortune that the sale was held in St. Johns this year, just a mere mile from my house. To add to my joy, the sun was shining, the air was crisp, and Mike got up early and made coffee. I walked to the sale with a smile on my face the entire way.

I walked home with an armful of books - some never read, some old favorites for my library. In a perfect world I would have spent the rest of the day reading. In this world, I spent the day sanding, priming and handing tools to my husband.

A stack of unread books makes me really wish for that rainy day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...