November 15, 2009

Amigurumi Sexto-Pus!


My latest craft obsession is Amigurumi - the crocheting of little animals. I came across Rimoli's book on, Amazon and after reading the reviews I figured that it was a good place to start. I have been crocheting for 10 years, after learning during my Montana summer job as a way to kill time, and I have generallly only made hats and scarves (except for a very brief adventure with some fuzzy hot-pink mittens and a stuffed train engine). I've never followed a pattern, and it shows.

Rimoli's patterns are easy to follow, and her descriptions/drawings of stitches are very clear. I can actually follow them!

My crafting plans are to make a bunch of Amigurumi for all the little babies that my friends keep having. My first attempt this weekend was the Octopus, which I call my little learning experiment (for a while it was going to be a sexto-pus, as I didn't leave room for all 8 legs). I was going to ditch it, but Mike has taken a fancy to it, so it remains on the shelf, flaws and all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...