June 21, 2011

Gray Cat, the Amineko

 Gray Cat basks in the sun on his special throne (courtesy of Mom).


 Gray Cat sniffs the mint.



 
Gray Cat looks at me with disdain and superiority.



Last month I got Hello My Name is Amineko from the library. This is a fascinating book - not because it's well-written (it's really not) but because it's a craft book full of photos of crocheted cats. There is only one pattern in this craft book. All the other pages of the book are dedicated to photographing crocheted cats sleeping, eating, playing, hiding, relaxing, etc. I admit, the photos are pretty cute. But I was shocked to find that there was only one pattern. However, it's a pretty easy pattern - crocheting in the round - and the color variations could be limitless. The nose was supposed to be stitched felt, but I needled felted it directly to the cotton yarn. This pattern is also available for free on Ravelry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...