March 31, 2013

Denver

March was not a great project month for me. The highlight of the month was a trip to Denver for a work conference. The conference took place over three days, and was pretty jam-packed, but my colleague and I flew out a day early to try and see a few sights. We managed to just miss a major storm, and arrived to 14" of fresh snow and sunny blue skies.



After checking into the The Curtis hotel, we trekked down to the civic/cultural district.


Denver Art Museum
 
The Denver Art Museum was far too large for us to explore thoroughly, but from what I did see, my favorite exhibit was "Fox Games".

Denver Art Museum
 

 
We also made it to the Clyfford Still Museum, which was fabulous throughout. It's very easy to make it through the whole museum in a couple of hours (just about my limit on museum tours).


Clyfford Still Museum

Clyfford Still Museum

 There is no shortage of large exterior sculptures in Denver.


Outside the Denver Public Library



"I See What You Mean"
Denver Convention Center








Downtown Denver
 
The old Tivoli Brewery, now a Student Union on the Auraria Campus

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...