March 8, 2010

Blaze vs. The Pilot

Portland Trailblazers at the Rose Garden


University of Portland Pilots at the Chiles Center

Since we're still talking about basketball...

Mike and I went to two basketball games in 2 weeks. I hadn't been to a basketball game in years!
They were both very different experiences. The Blazers seem to stop every 2 minutes for one reason or another, but there is endless entertainment at every pause in the game.

The Pilots are a little less entertaining, but the ref doesn't blow the whistle every few seconds and you feel like you really got to watch a basketball game. Plus the "plays" are much more pronounced, and it brought me back to 8th grade when I used to play.

Both games were great, as were the pretzels, popcorn, rice krispie treats, soda and hotdogs that we consumed. However, I've decided that it's in my best interest to become a UP Pilots fan. Not only are the games half the price as the Blazers, and they play within walking distance of our house, but also because I will always have something to wear to a game. Go Purple!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...