July 28, 2010

Lilly turns 1!

Earlier this month our darling neighbor, Lilly, turned 1! Living so close to us, Lilly is the recipient of all my "firsts" in crochet - like this pink sweater:

This is an easy pattern from Bundles of Love - though I had to rip out many, many rows at first when I realized that I had not picked up the last chain on all previous 6 rows. I would have appreciated a stitch count for each line, but I figured it out during the second go-round.

This sweater only took a couple of hours to crochet, but it took over a month to decide what button to sew on it.

I went with short sleeves instead of long, as it's July and I wanted to make sure that Lilly would be able to wear it before she outgrew it. I haven't seen it on her yet, but I hope it fits!

Lilly also got a set of "Forest Friends" finger puppets.

This is a pretty simple and basic design. For all you crocheters, it's:

rnd 1: 6 sc in magic circle
rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc (12 sc)
rnd 3 - 12: 1 sc in each sc (12 sc)

I added embellishments and changed colors where I chose to indicate clothing. I generally just winged it all. The mouths, eyes and bird feet were embroidered, and the dots on the mushroom cap were needle-felted on.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...