February 4, 2013

Malt Bags

My friend Alan is a brewer and we're happy to be his taste testers.
He also is a great source for materials and recipes for Mike's home brewing adventures.

Last fall he gave Mike some malt to brew with and the empty malt bag laid around the house for months. I told Alan that I really liked the bag and wanted to come up with something to do with it -  he proceeded to give me 5 more.

So, in the interest of checking off  an item on my "to make" list, I turned two of them into shopping bags.



It's a pretty standard bag with a boxed bottom.
The bag material is woven from plastic strips that fray (making quite a mess) so I finished the bottom seam with some white bias tape.
The handles are white cotton webbing.

















Here's another one filled with fabric scraps.


I've got a few more of these bags and could turn them all into shopping bags, but I'm overloaded with shopping bags right now.  I'd love to come up with something more creative. If not, it looks like several people are getting Malt Bags next Christmas.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...