February 1, 2013

Fabric Planning: a retrospective


I’ve recently acquired a stack of new fabric and several new patterns (ie, I recently purchased it all).

As a planner, I’m busy creating lists of how I’m going to use it all, and it prompted me to look back at the last time I stockpiled fabric and patterns to see how all my planning worked out.

Why do I even bother to plan?

I did make the Colette Parfait dress from the Batik, and I used the Minkie for backing Elle's quilt.

I'm really happy with how the Coated Cotton looks in our kitchen, and I didn't really need outdoor pillows anyway.

The Heathered Cotton looks good as a sleeveless blouse, and I found another source for the toddler skirt.

The Flannel and the Dotted Cotton are still in the stash and I probably will use them for baby clothes.

The Floral Cotton and the red Jersey were used, but they did not work out at all so they are now scraps.

The white/purple/orange Jersey went to a very comfy nightgown and two infinity scarves.

At least I used most of the fabric even if it didn't go where I thought it would. 
Let's see if I do better this next time...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...