August 31, 2010

Cupcake? Don't mind if I do.

Birthday breakfast

On the 20th I celebrated my 31st year, and had a great time doing so. I spent a sunny weekend celebrating with my family in Bow, WA, and aside from the fact that Mike couldn't join us, it was a perfect weekend.


Sara and I started the celebration on Thursday with an evening boat ride to Anacortes, chauffeured by Mark. Since it was cocktail hour, Mom sent us off with a couple of Negro Modelos.



On Friday, Papa and Aidan joined us to make Slushies (always a favorite of Aidan's).


We all got to see Aidan play football on Friday and Saturday. It reminded me that I must be getting old if my little nephew was already old enough to tackle.


Dinner was fabulous - Sara made the entree; a huge bowl of Lemon Pepper Pasta & Prawns. Mom and Mark made vegetable & fruit salads to accompany.

One of the highlights of the weekend was a group kayaking trip on the mouth of the Samish River. Papa and Aidan were in the canoe, while Sara and I took out kayaks. Mom paddled out to meet us with beer, and while we imbibed, we linked boats and floated back home. It was a marvelous time, but since a certain someone refuses to respond to my email requests for photos, you'll just have to imagine how wonderful it was.

Looking forward to #32!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...