January 5, 2011

2010 wrap-up

2010 is history, and 2012 is future. My goal for 2011 is to be present.

No day is completely perfect, but of the last 365, most have been pretty darn good.
When I remember to think about it, I feel pretty blessed (new goal for 2011: think more about it). I've found over the last couple of years that it's very easy for Mike and I to focus on all that we haven't done and what we would like to do, rather than on what we've accomplished and what we have. This happens more often as we wrap up the 6th year of our house remodel and at times feel like we've gotten nowhere. I would like for this year to be a time where we recognize what we have, be grateful every day for it, and focus on the happiness of this particular moment. We're off to a bumpy start, but there's nowhere to go but up!

Raising a glass to acknowledging all the wonderful things that have happened in 2010!


In particular....

• I learned to needle felt! I love this craft, and thank my mother for introducing me to it. I could spend all day sculpting out of wool roving. And after a 10-year hiatus, I picked up crocheting again at the end of 2009 and have been going gangbusters for the last year. I made seven baby mobiles, seven dolls, four baby sweaters and countless toys and ornaments.

• As for our house, we have made very visible progress this last year. In addition to the new electrical, hot water heater and heating/cooling system, we also have a new deck and fire pit, a refurbished hot tub, two new awnings, a cob pizza oven, two purple doors, and good riddance to that damn yucca!

• We also got out of town a lot this last year, to new and old spots. In addition to many trips in the NW, we visited two new places in New Jersey, went to Florida for some more surfing and made our first trip to Ohio to see Sara & Bobby's new home.

Celebrations with family and friends were plentiful; everything from new babies and birthdays, to holidays and the long-awaited wedding of Sara & Bobby .


What does 2011 hold? Good things. I'm sure of it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...