September 22, 2013

Baby Guitar


Last week my niece Elle turned 1 - where did the last 12 months go? While I feel like my pregnancy has been going on forever, it feels like the rest of the world has just sped by.

To mark Elle's birthday I made her a mini guitar from felt and velveteen. I used a free pattern online for a ukelele, and basically just added more strings. I also added a band all around the outside so that it resembled a guitar more, and looked less like a flat pillow. The strings are made thin cotton yarn, and I tacked it down every 3" or so. And I used white pearl snaps for the "tuning" keys.

Sadly, I don't have any photos of the guitar other than this awesome one of Elle. I got a new camera for my birthday and accidentally reformatted the camera card before I took the photos off of it. But you get the idea...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...