November 11, 2010

Fish Mobile


In early October my cousin, Brendan, and his wife Katrina, became parents to a beautiful little boy, Cohen. It's been many years since our clan had a new edition, and I'm so glad to welcome Cohen into it.


Brendan and Katrina are both advocates and appreciators of nature, and in particular fish. It seemed more than appropriate to make Cohen a little fishy mobile.


I began planning this mobile many months ago when I learned that he was on the way, and my first thoughts were to crochet it. But I started by needle-felting the elf, then decided it was time for a crochet break, and before I knew it, the whole thing was felted.



Everything is needle-felted except for the log/ground that the elf is on. That is a flat sheet of thick wool felt rolled around pipe cleaners. I did needle the edge closed. The hanger is brown yarn, which is also wrapped around a wooden hoop at the top. I glued some leaves to the yarn, which were cut from a thin sheet of flat wool felt. The fish are hanging from crochet thread.



Welcome to the world, Cohen - enjoy the mobile!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...