September 22, 2012

I'm an Auntie again!

Sara and Bobby welcomed sweet baby Elle Sophia into the family last week!
I can't wait to meet her when I visit Ohio next month.



I made Elle a baby mobile in July, and I know that Sara and Bobby have gotten everything they need and then some, but I couldn't resist marking her actual arrival with a few quick little items.



I sewed up a tiny pair of baby pants (pattern here) using up scraps from my Wiksten Tova short sleeves and a couple of pacifier clips (tutorial here) in two lengths. One is from vintage ribbon that I backed with red bias tape. I love this ribbon because it reminds me of my childhood in the '80s.


I also made up a few baby washcloths from gauze. This is the same fabric that swaddling blankets are made from. I made myself a few, thought they were soft, so whipped up a couple for Elle as well.





I have two baby nieces now and I'm very excited about all the toys and clothes that I can make them.  I hope that at least one of them is into dolls and dresses!



2 comments:

The Mighty RandR said...

Lovely and useful gifts Abby! Where did you get the gauze??

Abby said...

Thanks Rebecca! The gauze is from Dharma Trading Company (dharmatrading.com) - it's the Cotton Bubble Gauze. It's perfect for light blankets and washcloths. You can dye it or fabric stamp it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...