May 6, 2012

Burda Anda Dress #2

Burda Anda dress #2: This time using a solid, lighter-weight fabric than the one I used for Anda dress #1.  As you can see I also made a few other changes.

I put the elastic casing on the outside of the dress, and made it extra wide so that I could sew down the middle, thereby creating two "tubes". I used 1/4" elastic in both tubes.

I decided to create a scoop neck with this dress instead of the boatneck of the original pattern, but for some reason, the top part of the dress then looked really, really wide. To fix it I embarked upon my first adventure with elastic thread, and sewed up the shoulder seams and at the bodice to pull the fabric in. I also added in-seam pockets in the same color fabric.

Same pattern, two different dress styles. I'd like to make a third dress in a heavier fabric, perhaps gray, that I can wear this fall. For now, I'll focus on making some more summery clothes, as I'm sure that the sun will come out any day now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...