January 16, 2012

Handmade Christmas: Hot Water Bottle & Eye Mask


For Remi and Andrew, new parents to Freya, and struggling with lack of sleep right now, I made a couple of items to help them relax.

The eye pillow is covered with flannel and filled with lavender, flax seed and rice and can be heated in the microwave. The hot water bottle cover is also made of flannel, and fits over a standard-sized hot water bottle. This is another example of second time's a charm: the first cover was made out of corduroy and I accidentally sewed the wrong sides together. I took a break and sewed Freya's Kimono, and realizing that I had leftover fabric, I tried a second attempt at the cover, this time making it fully lined. It's a snug fit, but should keep them cozy!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...