January 5, 2013

Sewing & Crocheting for Lucy

Just before Thanksgiving my friend Katie gave birth to a baby girl - Lucy. She's a dark-haired, sweet-cheeked little thing. I was finally able to meet her over my Christmas holiday, and share some little goodies that I made.

Using the other half of the owl minky fabric, I made a "taggie" blanket much like the one I made for my friend Stephanie's daughter last spring. This one has larger turquoise ribbon tags, and it's overall size is slightly larger as well. I figure it could double as a changing pad blanket too.


I crocheted her a carrot rattle as well. I used the "Sleepy Sarah" crochet pattern by Mia Zamora Johnson at Owlishly. It's a free pattern, and I've used it a lot. For this one I just altered it by tapering the body and crocheting in the back loops only for the orange parts. I put a little rattle inside - and left off the face because the faces I make are always a little creepy looking.


I made her this layered skirt over the summer when I learned that Katie was expecting a girl. It was whipped up from the fabric scraps of a nightgown top that I made my mom and never blogged about. I used this tutorial from Made and downsized it for a baby.


Lastly, I crocheted her a flutter sweater just like the one I made Freya, but in a smaller size and in a different yarn.

Katie has always been such a supporter of my crafting (she got me started on the baby mobiles!) that I wanted to share a little something for her daughter as well. Hopefully Lucy will get interested in crafting and be able to join us at the table in a few years!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...